Thank you for your interest in the 2015 Chilly Chili Challenge at Lakeside Winter Celebration, to be held Feb. 7. Please fill out the form below to enter the challenge. Good luck! Make sure to check all the rules below to avoid disqualification.
Address with Zip
Phone Number* Fax
Category*: Amateur Professional
* denotes required field
Note: if for any reason you aren't feeling sure that your online request has been submitted successfully, please call 428-6755 and ask for Jim, to be sure you are entered!
1. All contestants including caterers must obtain a Monroe County Health Department Temporary Food Service Permit (753-5553). An application has been enclosed for your convenience. Additionally, a Certified Food Worker must be present at the contest site on February 7th.
2. Chili must be prepared at an approved kitchen and comply with all Monroe County Health Department regulations.
3. Contestants should prepare a minimum of 20 gallons of chili for public tasting. (Safe food handling and storage is imperative)
4. Each contestant will be provided with a 10' by 10' space, one eight foot banquet table and 2 folding chairs.
5. Contestants may "decorate" area with banners, signs or placards promoting their restaurant, catering service or nonprofit organization.
6. Electric power will be provided. Other supplemental heat sources are allowed but must comply with all fire regulations.
7. Chili will be tasted/evaluated by a panel of judges as well as the general public. Judge’s decisions are final.
Cash awards and plaques will be presented based on the judge’s decision.
People's Choice*: $200 + plaque
Judge's Choice/Professional: 1st place - $200 + plaque
Runner-up: $150 + plaque
Judge’s Choice/Amateur: 1st place - $200 + plaque
Runner-up - $150 + plaque
*The People’s Choice Award is based on public tasters who will vote for their favorite chili by placing a bean in jars provided at each tasting station.
9. The Ontario Beach Park Program Committee will be selling wristbands for 2 oz. samples of each contestant’s chili. Cups, spoons and napkins will be provided to all contestants. All proceeds help fund entertainment at Ontario Beach Park throughout the 2015 season.
10. Event organizers reserve the right to refuse admission to anyone not adhering to contest rules/policies or health department regulations.
11. The Port Terminal Building will be open (hours to be determined) for Set-up on Saturday, February 11. Contestants are strongly encouraged to set up their area on Saturday for a more orderly contest on Sunday. On Sunday, set up begins at 9:00 am. Judging starts promptly at 12:30 pm. Public tasting 12:00 - 3:00 p.m. Awards - 3:00 p.m.
12. Contestants are REQUIRED to attend a one hour informational/organizational meeting at the Port Terminal Building, 1000 North River Street – Tuesday, February 7th, 4:00 p.m. Written reminder/notice will be sent.
If your restaurant, catering business or organization would like to enter the Chilly Chili Challenge, they must obtain a Temporary Food Service Permit DIRECTLY from Monroe County and complete the contest ENTRY FORM and mail or deliver it to:
Chilly Chili Challenge
c/o Jim Farr
400 Dewey Avenue
Rochester, NY 14613