The Tay House Lodge at Cobb's Hill Park
85 Hillside Avenue (near School #1 and Monroe County Water Authority)
Use the Rochester-Genesee Regional Transportation Authority's Google Trip Planner to get a bus to the Lodge
- The lodge is available for rental year-round, daily except Mondays.
- 5 am - 11 pm, April 1 until November 15
- 7 am - 10 pm, November 16 until March 31
- Call (585) 428-6770 for availability information before submitting a permit
Between 9 am and 9 pm:
$150 per day (Holidays $250 per day)
Before 9 am or after 9 pm:
$150 per additional hour
Full payment and a $15 non-refundable processing fee due at the time of application
Effective January 5, 2015 Permits payments must made with; check, money order or credit card.
Effective July 1, 2015 we will no longer accept cash payment for permits of any kind.
Call 428-6770 to check availability.
Download a required Facility Use Permit Application
- Maximum occupancy is 50 people at one time.
- Seven (7) eight-foot tables
- 50 chairs
- Kitchen with refrigerator, sink, stove and oven
- Fireplace (wood not provided)
- Outdoor grill and picnic tables
- 2 handicap accessible restrooms inside the lodge
- Telephone (for emergency use only)
- The lodge is scheduled on a first come, first served basis. Applications will be reviewed when received with full payment. Reservation of your date and time is confirmed through issuance of a permit.
- The lodge will not be opened earlier than 10 minutes prior to the time designated on the permit. Additional time for setup and/or cleanup must be included in the hours requested. In addition, if you decide you will leave earlier than planned, please allow at least 20 minutes for City staff to arrive for closing. Never leave the building unattended.
- Permit holder must arrive at the lodge at the time designated on the permit. A staff person will only be onsite to open and close the building. You will not be issued a key.
- Permit holder is responsible for cleanup of area after use. Refrigerator and stove/oven must be emptied and clean.
- Requests for limited consumption of alcohol must be requested on the permit application. The applicant must personally bring in the application and be proofed. Authorization will be noted on the permit if approved. Alcohol must be limited to beer and wine only.
- Garbage must be put in trash bags and deposited in barrels in the parking lot. Do not leave any trash in the building.
- Please do not use helium-filled balloons inside the lodge. Damage to ceiling fans caused by entangled objects will be charged to permit holder.
- No amplified music; the permit holder must adhere to the City's Noise Ordinance.
- No adult entertainment.
The Bureau of Recreation reserves the right to terminate any permit at any time due to a violation of these rules. Termination of a permit due to a violation will result in, but will not be limited to, forfeiture of any permit fees and your security deposit.
Park Rules & Regulations