The City of Rochester strives to help local business owners find programs and incentives to support their success. The following city, county, state, and federal programs are available to help local businesses of all sizes--from the small neighborhood businesses to large manufacturers-- flourish. The City provides assistance to Industrial, High-Tech and Commercial businesses.
Find a Program to Fit Your Needs
- City of Rochester Loans, Services, & Grants
- A guide to all of the City's business assistance programs in a format that makes it easy to see which of the many grants, loans, incentives, technical help and other resources available from the City meet your needs.
- NYSEG and RGE Commercial and Industrial Rebate Program
- NYS Empire Zones Program
- A unique program designed to stimulate economic growth in targeted areas of the city.
- Renewal Community Program
- Federal tax breaks and framework for State and local governments to offer incentives and other benefits to business.
- The City of Rochester's Developer's Guide
- Clean air, pure water, unpolluted land, accessible streets and safe, sound and attractive buildings are among the expectations of the people of Rochester. Residents recognize that development and rehabilitation projects are both necessary and desirable. To meet these goals, the City encourages and assists prospective developers and enforces environmental, zoning and construction standards.
- Greater Rochester Enterprise (GRE)
- GRE is a regional economic development organization supported by a team of private and public sector leaders dedicated to improving economic performance in the Greater Rochester Region.
- High Tech Rochester (HTR)
- HTR is a not-for-profit economic development organization focused on regional economic development in the technology and high growth business sector, and assists the development of new and emerging businesses through its business incubator, the Lennox Tech Enterprise Center.
- New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA)
- NYSERDA offers cost-sharing on technical assistance engineering studies, financial incentives and low-interest loans for electrical energy efficiency upgrades involving new construction and comprehensive facility upgrades. NYSERDA also provides financial incentives for the installation of renewable energy generation technologies such as solar and wind.
- Rochester Business Alliance
- The mission of Rochester Business Alliance is to be the leading advocate for business and a primary agent for ensuring robust economic growth and a positive business climate for the Greater Rochester Region.
- The Center for Integrated Manufacturing Studies (CIMS)
- CIMS at Rochester Institute of Technology provides technology assistance, testing and work force training to companies in a wide variety of industries.
- Rochester Economic Development Corporation (REDCO)
- REDCO is a not-for-profit development corporation dedicated to stimulating and increasing business investment in the City of Rochester for the purpose of creating and retaining jobs and providing viable commercial services for city residents. REDCO provides technical, financial and other services to support the growth and success of existing and start up city businesses as well as businesses relocating to the City of Rochester.
Contact city officials in a business area that pertains to you.