The City's administration is focused on four major priorities: Public Safety, Education, Economic Development, and Customer Service.
We will protect and preserve public safety through crime prevention patrol, investigation of reported offenses, and apprehension of offenders. We will provide rapid responses services in the event of fire, medical emergencies, technical rescues, and other emergency/non-emergency incidents that occur within the community.
- Create a sense of an urgent attitude on the part of public safety workers and insist on adherence to laws.
- Partner with key stakeholders to increase levels of public safety in neighborhoods and schools.
- Focus on the root causes of crime by promoting strategies to improve family income, safe housing, family stress, and student achievement.
- Provide incentives to motivate citizens and businesses to comply with laws, in order to promote prevention over enforcement.
- Focus resources to achieve the greatest return on public safety investments, through a mix of prevention and high-impact enforcement strategies.
We will collaborate with the Rochester City School District to promote their agenda of providing a quality education to all of our citizens. We will partner with other groups who share our vision for the education of our youth. We will continuously advocate for greater performance standards and the use of best in class methods of educating our youth.
Neighborhood and Business Development
We will monitor physical, economic, and social conditions and trends relative to the city while engaging, facilitating, and supporting citizen involvement in creating community and neighborhood visions and plans. We will support business growth, job creation and retention, and investment in the city.
Promote policies that grow the local economy, ensuring adequate jobs and income for all residents.
- Make investing in city properties an affordable option.
- Sustain safe and vibrant city neighborhoods and businesses.
- Maximize home ownership while acknowledging the needs of renters and supporting responsible landlords.
- Assist property owners in meeting their financial obligations so that they have a better chance of averting foreclosure and improving their properties.
- Encourage owners and tenants to maintain their properties in ways that enhances their value and condition.
- Provide incentives to motivate property owners to comply with building codes, to minimize the need for enforcement.
Through continuous improvement efforts, we will strive to not only meet our customer requirements but delight them with our products and services. Our focus will be to bring added value to all that we service. We will work to ensure that our employees are competent, committed, empowered and enthusiastic.
- Deliver high quality and cost-effective City services such that we are the location of choice for businesses, property investors, and residents in this region.
- Continually improve performance against indicators of customer service.
- Build and maintain a reputation for “best municipal customer service” by ensuring ease of contact and timeliness and quality of response.
- Cultivate relationships with businesses, universities, nonprofit organizations, and other local governments as partners in service delivery.
- Encourage City residents to increase their “ownership” of City services through volunteer efforts.