41 Backus Street
Located in the Edgerton Community Center, the ballroom can be rented for your next event!
You can also visit the Ballroom by joining a Tuesday night Stardust Ballroom Dance Series event!
Use the Rochester-Genesee Regional Transportation Authority's Google Trip Planner to get a bus to the Ballroom
Monday through Saturday
April 1 through November 15, 5 a.m.-11 p.m.
November 15 through March 30, 7 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Maximum occupancy is 240 when tables and chairs are used, or 408 for theatre-style seating.
- 24 banquet tables (rectangular)
- 15 six-foot round tables
- 1 five-foot round table
- 240 chairs, 80 white chairs
- Kitchen with oven, stove, refrigerator, non-portable steam table
- Floor and ceiling fans
- Mirror ball (contact Edgerton staff for special permission to use)
- Any other equipment use must be explicitly approved by the Director of the Edgerton Community Center
Between 9 am and 9 pm:
- $400 (and a non-refundable $10 processing fee) for up to 4 hours
- $750 (and a non-refundable $10 processing fee) for a permit from 4 to 8 hours
- $100 per additional hour after 8 hours
Before 9 am or after 9 pm:
Full payment and a non-refundable $15 processing fee is due at time of application.
Effective January 5, 2015 permits payments must be made with: check, money order or credit card.
Effective July 1, 2015 we will no longer accept cash payment for permits of any kind.
- Before a permit is issued, the applicant must set up an appointment with an employee at Edgerton Community Center (428-6769) to take a walk through tour of the facility. At that time, the employee will explain what can and cannot be used and review the permit procedures with you.
- After the meeting and walk through tour, you may submit an application to the Permit Office along with payment in full and the walk-through form signed by yourself and an employee of Edgerton.
- Closing hours are 10:00 p.m. November 16 - March 31, and 11:00 p.m. April 1 - November 15 per the Municipal Parks Code.
- Take into consideration setup and cleanup time. Please include any additional setup time requests on your application. Ten business days notice must be given for any changes. You cannot extend the time of your permit once you get to the facility.
- Activities must be limited to those listed on the face of the permit. Permits for dances or concerts are not issued to outside individuals or organizations.
- The hours designated as setup time must be limited to those purposes.
- All ticket sales must be performed in advance. Ticketed events are limited to not-for-profit, charitable events. Ticket sales may not exceed 408 for theatrical performances or 240 for receptions. One or more letters of recommendation and/or written references may be required by the Department of Recreation and Youth Services. No monies may be collected on Department of Recreation and Youth Services property without additional specific written authorization.
- Cleanup must be finished and all persons associated with the permit must be out of the facility by the time specified on the permit. Set aside adequate time to clean up.
- The facility must be left in the same condition as it was found.
- When authorized, alcohol must be limited to wine and/or beer only. Sales are prohibited. It is the responsibility of the permit holder to ensure that no one under the age of 21 consumes alcohol.
- Smoking is not allowed in any City facility.
- You may need to provide security for your event at the discretion of the City of Rochester. In addition to a licensed security agency, a specific security plan must be provided to the City. Furthermore, the City of Rochester has the right to approve or disapprove both the agency and the security plan. Armed security will not be approved.
- The Department of Recreation and Youth Services reserves the right to terminate any permit at any time due to a violation of these rules. Termination of a permit due to a violation will result in, but will not be limited to, forfeiture of any permit fees and your security deposit.
- The application form is only a request. The permit itself will specifically state what you are approved for. If you were denied a request and you think it was a mistake, please consult the Permit Office immediately. Do not wait until the day of your event to bring this to our attention. On site staff are required to enforce the conditions of the permit.