The beauty of Rochester's parks and neighborhoods offer scenic backdrop for fun and fitness races and events during the 2013 season of the Flower City Looking Good program. Join your friends and family at one or more of these great events and experience the natural wonders the Flower City.
Flower City Challenge
Run the Roc, Tri the Roc, Du the Roc! Unity Health Systems Flower City Challenge, presented by Fleet Feet Sports
- Saturday, April 26: SMP Rochester River Challenge Duathlon & Paddle Triathlon. Events for all fitness levels. Registration at 6 a.m., race starts at 7:30 a.m. Go to www.flowercitychallenge.com for all information.
- Sunday, April 27: Unity Health Systems Rochester Flower City Half Marathon and Wegmans Family 5K. Be part of this fun family fitness event. Registration at 6 a.m., race starts at 7:45 a.m. Go to www.flowercitychallenge.com for all information.
Pumpkins in the Park 5K & Kids Races
- Saturday, October 25 at Cobbs Hill Park: This USATF Certified 5K race begins at 9 a.m. Youth race starts at 9:45 a.m. Meet at Cobbs Hill Lake Riley Lodge, Norris Drive off Culver Road. Celebrate fitness with your family and friends while supporting youth sports in the city. Kids distances include quarter mile, half mile and mile. Online registration at: www.yellowjacketracing.com. Benefits the Tony Jordan Youth Sports Foundation,supporting Rochester Youth Sports Organizations.: www.tjyouthsportsfoundation.org
Other charity runs/walks in Rochester
- Sunday, April 6: Rochester River Run 5K to benefit transplant patients and their families at Strong Memorial Hospital. Genesee Valley Park Roundhouse, 8:30 a.m. For more information, call (585) 275-2420.
- Sunday, May 4: Walk MS. To benefit the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. Genesee Valley Park, 9 a.m. start. Call (595) 271-0805 or visit www.msupstateny.org.
- Sunday, May 11: Pink Ribbon Run and Family Fitness Walk to benefit the Breast Cancer Coalition of Rochester. Ontario Beach Park, 9 a.m. start. Call (585) 473-8177 or visit www.bccr.org.
- Sunday, May 18: Medved Lilac 10K & 5K Family Fun Run at Highland Park. 5K begins at 8 a.m., 10K begins at 9 a.m. (585) 248-3420. www.medvedrunwalk.com
- Sunday, May 18: Great Strides Walk to benefit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Genesee Valley Park, 11 a.m. start. Call (800) 344-4823 or visit www.cff.org.
- Saturday, June 7: 11th Annual Stepping Out to Cure Scleroderma Walk. The Greater Rochester Scleroderma Support Group & the Tri-State Chapter of the Scleroderma Foundation. Seneca Park Longhouse Shelter. Information: 1-800-867-0885 or www.sclerodermatristate.org
- Saturday, June 7: Northeast Family Fitness Walk. At 10 a.m. El Camino Trail. All proceeds benefit the Conkey Cruisers. Information: www.conkeycruisers.org.
- Saturday, June 7: The Fast & The Furriest®10K begins at 8 a.m., 5K begins at 8:15 a.m., Dog Walk begins at 10:30 a.m. to benefit the Rochester Animal Services and the Verona Street Animal Society. Brown Square Park. Information: 727-2533 or www.cityofrochester/TheFastandTheFurriest
- Sunday, June 15: Medved 5K to Cure ALS at Frontier Field. Contact:(585)248-3420. www.medvedrunwalk.com.
- Sunday, July 20: Jungle Jog 5K & Seneca Park Mile. Lower Seneca Park and Seneca Park Zoo. 5K at 8:15 a.m., and Seneca Park Mile at 9:30 a.m. Contact: (585) 336-7202. www.senecazoo.org.
- Wednesday, Aug. 20 through Sunday, Aug. 24: AIDS Red Ribbon 5 Day Ride. Starts at AIDS Care and finishes 400 miles later at Genesee Valley Park’s Roundhouse. Contact: (585) 210-4150. www.aidsredribbonride.org.
- Sunday, September 7: Ovarian Cancer 5K Run & 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk. Monroe Community College. Contact: (585) 469-5727. www.cancerwellnessconnections.com.
- Saturday, September 27: George Eastman House Photo Finish 5K. Contact: (585) 271-3361 x291. www.geh.org.
- Sunday, October 5: Kidney Walk to benefit the National Kidney Foundation serving Upstate New York. Frontier Field. Call (585) 697-0874 x 30 or visit www.kidneywalk.org.
- Saturday, October 5: Zombie 5K Run & Walk to benefit the Make a Wish Foundation. Starts at 9 a.m., Hamlin Beach State Park. Contact: (585) 967-4601. www.wny.wish.org.
- Saturday, October 11: Walk to End Alzheimer's to benefit the Alzheimer's Association. Corn Hill Neighborhood, 9 a.m. registration For more information, call (585) 760-6404 or visit www.alz.org/rochesterny.