The beauty of Rochester's parks and neighborhoods offer scenic backdrop for fun and fitness races and events during the 2013 season of the Flower City Looking Good program. Join your friends and family at one or more of these great events and experience the natural wonders the Flower City.
Flower City Challenge
Run the Roc, Tri the Roc, Du the Roc! Unity Health Systems Flower City Challenge, presented by Fleet Feet Sports
- Saturday, April 27: SMP Rochester River Challenge Duathlon & Paddle Triathlon. Events for all fitness levels. Go to www.flowercitychallenge.com for all information.
- Sunday, April 28: Unity Health Systems Rochester Flower City Half Marathon and Wegmans Family 5K. Be part of this fun family fitness event. Go to www.flowercitychallenge.com for all information.
Waterfront 5K at Durand Eastman Beach.
- Friday, August 3: Start time is 6:30 p.m. On-site registration begins at 5:30 p.m. or pre-register online at www.yellowjacketracing.com for all information.
Pumpkins in the Park 5K & Kids Races
- Saturday, October 26 at Cobbs Hill Park: This USATF Certified 5K race begins at 9 a.m. Youth race starts at 9:45 a.m. Meet at Cobbs Hill Lake Riley Lodge, Norris Drive off Culver Road. Celebrate fitness with your family and friends while supporting youth sports in the city. Kids distances include quarter mile, half mile and mile. Online registration at: www.yellowjacketracing.com. Benefits the Tony Jordan Youth Sports Foundation,supporting Rochester Youth Sports Organizations.: www.tjyouthsportsfoundation.org
Other charity runs/walks in Rochester
- Sunday, April 21: Rochester River Run 5K to benefit transplant patients and their families at Strong Memorial Hospital. Genesee Valley Park Roundhouse, 8:30 a.m. For more information, call (585) 275-2420.
- Sunday, May 5: Walk MS. To benefit the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. Genesee Valley Park, 9 a.m. start. Call (595) 271-0805 or visit www.msupstateny.org.
- Sunday, May 12. Pink Ribbon Run and Family Fitness Walk to benefit the Breast Cancer Coalition of Rochester. Ontario Beach Park, 9 a.m. start. Call (585) 473-8177 or visit www.bccr.org.
- Sunday, May 19: Medved Lilac 10K & 5K Family Fun Run at Highland Park. 5K begins at 8 a.m., 10K begins at 9 a.m. (585) 248-3420. www.medvedrunwalk.com
- Sunday, May 19: Great Strides Walk to benefit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Genesee Valley Park, 10 a.m. start. Call (800) 344-4823 or visit www.cff.org.
- Sunday, June 16: Medved 5K to Cure ALS at Frontier Field. Contact:(585)248-3420. www.medvedrunwalk.com.
- Sunday, July 21: Jungle Jog 5K & Seneca Park Mile. Lower Seneca Park and Seneca Park Zoo. 5K at 8:15 a.m., and Seneca Park Mile at 9:30 a.m. Contact: (585) 336-7202. www.senecazoo.org.
- Wednesday, Aug. 21 through Sunday, Aug. 25: AIDS Red Ribbon 5 Day Ride. Starts at AIDS Care and finishes 400 miles later at Genesee Valley Park’s Roundhouse. Contact: (585) 210-4150. www.aidsredribbonride.org.
- Saturday, Sept. 8: Rochester Remembers – Race for Responders. 9:30 a.m. start at Genesee Valley Park’s Roundhouse Shelter. Contact: (585) 354-7708, email@example.com.
- Sunday, September 15: Kidney Walk to benefit the National Kidney Foundation serving Upstate New York. Frontier Field, 7:30 a.m. registration. Call (585) 697-0874 x 30 or visit www.kidneywalk.org.
- Saturday, Oct. 5: George Eastman House Photo Finish 5K. Starts at 8 a.m. Contact: (585) 271-3361 x291. www.geh.org.
- Sunday, Sept. 15: Ovarian Cancer 5K Run & 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk. Time: TBA. Lake Riley Lodge in Cobbs Hill Park. Contact: (585) 469-5727. www.cancerwellnessconnections.com.
- Saturday, October 12: Memory Walk to benefit the Alzheimer's Association. Corn Hill Neighborhood, 9 a.m. registration For more information, call (585) 760-6404 or visit www.alz.org/rochesterny.
- Saturday, Oct. 12: Zombie 5K Run & Walk to benefit the Make a Wish Foundation. Starts at 9 a.m., Cobbs Hill Park. Contact: (585) 967-4601. www.wny.wish.org.