Central Library of Rochester & Monroe County
(Monday, Oct. 25, 2010) – Author Andrew Harrison will be speaking at The Central Library of Rochester and Monroe County on Sunday, Nov. 7, at 2 p.m. The discussion and book signing will take place in the Kate Gleason Auditorium of the Bausch and Lomb Public Library Building, located at 115 South Ave.
Come join Rochester native Andrew Harrison as he talks about his newly released book, Love Your 84,000 Hours at Work: Stories on the Road from People with Purpose and Passion (Dotted Lines Press). The book chronicles people from around the United States (and Rochester) who love their careers and how they came to find them. Stories include:
• Founder of the 401k program
• Astronaut, NASA
• 87 year old financial planner who still works every day (by choice)
• Harvard educated lawyer who left law to become a sports columnist
• First responder to the 9/11 attacks on the Pentagon
• Former mayor of Key West, FL
• Maintenance man with degree in aerospace engineering
• Head of marketing at Hallmark turned entrepreneur
• VP of HR, Career Builder
• First ever African-American female to own an optometry practice in NC
• One of 15 practicing tree pathologists in the U.S.
The Central Library of Rochester and Monroe County is handicapped accessible. Accommodations may be provided for disabled program participants and must be made at least 10 business days before the program. For more information, please contact Deborah Nevin, Program Coordinator, at 428-8304.
Media Contact: Deborah Nevin, Programming Coordinator at 428-8307