Planning and Zoning
City Hall – Room 121B
Rochester, New York 14614
Telephone (585) 428-9339
About the Board
The Board of Examiners of Stationary Engineers and Refrigeration Operators of the City as provided for in Article XII of the Charter of the City of Rochester is responsible for:
- Investigating and examining the knowledge and technical ability of each applicant for a license to engage in or perform the work of a stationary engineer or a refrigeration operator in the City of Rochester.
- The Board has the authority to determine the material on which applicants are tested.
- The Board shall meet regularly at a time and place fixed by it and may adopt rules and regulations for the transaction of its business.
- The Board may adopt rules and regulations to govern its action in exercising its powers and duties and may amend such rules and regulations at any time thereafter.
- A majority vote of the whole Board is required for the adoption or amendment of such rules and regulations.
- A quorum for regular and special meetings shall be three members. The decision of the majority present shall prevail, except as otherwise provided in the adoption of the Board's rules and regulations and amendments thereto.
Duties of the Board include:
- Revoking, canceling or suspending for cause a license.
- Authorizing the issuance of licenses. The Board shall not limit the number of licenses issued.
- Investigating charges preferred against a license holder.
- Maintaining an orderly set of records and shall perform such other duties as are hereinafter required of it and as may be directed by ordinance of the Council.
SE/RO Licensing Information
Members are appointed by the Mayor and are subject to confirmation by City Council. Board members will serve a three year term and may serve without limit to the number of terms.
SE/RO Board Membership Requirements and Length of Term
This Board which consists of six (6) members is as follows:
- At least 25 years of age, citizen of the United States, high school graduate or equivalent
- 5 members shall hold valid licenses in at least the first or second highest classification, adequately representing the interests of stationary engineering and refrigeration operation
- 1 member will be the Commissioner of Neighborhood and Business Development or his/her representative
Members shall be Monroe County residents, with preference given to City residents. Board members will serve a three (3) year term and may serve without limit to the number of terms.
If you are interested in applying for a position on the board, please contact the Mayor’s Office at (585) 428-6140.
Current Board Members
|Kenneth Armes, Chair
||Stationary Engineer 1st Class
||Chief Stationary Engineer/R-2 Operator
||Electrical Power Company
Meeting Schedules: *
*Meetings are not open to the public. However, if you wish to appear before the Board, please contact Lisa Teuchert at (585)428-6982.
|November 3, 2014
|December 1, 2014
|January 5, 2015
|February 2, 2015
|March 2, 2015
|April 6, 2015
|May 4, 2015
|June 1, 2015
|July 6, 2015
|August 3, 2015
|September 14, 2015
|October 5, 2015
|November 2, 2015
|December 7, 2015