The historic north end of Mount Hope Cemetery is a unique and beautiful place to hold an outdoor wedding ceremony or to take wedding photographs. The area includes a Moorish gazebo, Florentine cast-iron fountain, Victorian Gothic gatehouse and Gothic Revival style stone chapel. These features along with the gardens and open space evoke feelings of romance, history and permanence. Photographs may be taken from different angles to allow for a variety of backdrops that will ensure distinctive and lasting images of your wedding day.
A permit is required to hold a ceremony or to take photographs. The simple process ensures that you will have this picturesque area to yourselves. A permit application must be submitted at least two weeks in advance.
Some basic guidelines for your planning include:
- Ceremonies and photography are permitted in the north portion of the cemetery – fountain and gazebo areas.
- Wedding ceremonies may be held on Saturdays from May 15, 2012 to October 30, 2012, noon to 6 pm.
- Wedding photography is permitted on Fridays and Saturdays from May 15, 2012 to October 30, 2012, noon to 6 pm.
- Special requests for other locations, dates and times will be considered on a case-by-case basis. A special permit application is required.
- Permitted time must allow for setup and cleanup.
- Reservation fee is $40 per hour.
- Group size is limited to 100 people, and children must be supervised at all times.
- Mount Hope cannot accommodate wedding receptions.
Want to Learn More?
Please contact us to learn more about wedding opportunities at Mount Hope Cemetery. Call us as (585) 428-7999 or fill out our contact form and our cemetery staff will be in touch with you.