About the Project
This project provides for the preventative maintenance repairs to the Driving Park Bridge over the Genesee River (BIN 2211310). The repairs are classified as preventative maintenance in nature and may include the following:
- Remove & replace Structural Deck (Span 3)
- Remove & Replace Sidewalks (Span 3)
- Remove/Store & Reset Bridge Railing and Fencing (Span 3)
- Structural Steel Repairs (Span 3)(See paragraph below)
- Replace Bridge Curb (Span 3)
- Remove and Reset light poles (Span 3)
- Remove and Reset Bridge Curb
- Replace Expansion Joints
- Paint Girder Ends and Floorbeams at Joint Locations
- Clean and Paint Bearings under joint
- Wash Bridge and Flush Scuppers
A determination of the amount of steel repairs within Span 3 shall be made during final design phase. This determination shall be based on budgetary considerations, long term durability, section loss, fatigue criteria, expected performance, ease of implementation, and overall condition of the steel.
Further description of the expected work is included in the approved IPP/FDR under the section entitled: Description of Proposed Work.
This is a Federal-Aid local bridge project that the City of Rochester is administrating: Driving Park Bridge Preventative Maintenance Project (NYSPIN 4755.30).
Request for Proposals - Information and Deadline
The City of Rochester is requesting firms listed on the NYSDOT Region 4 Local Design Services Agreement (LDSA) to submit a proposal to provide engineering, design and construction phase services for the project including: Supplemental Survey & Mapping, Bridge Inspection, Preliminary Design & Plans, Final Design, Final Plans, Specifications, Estimate, Contract Documents, Bidding Phase and Construction Phase Services.
The Consultant shall NOT submit staffing tables, hours, and/or their proposed design fees with this proposal. The firm deemed to be the best qualified by the Evaluation Committee shall be notified in writing, at which time they will be asked to submit their salary schedules, staffing tables, non-direct costs, subcontractor costs, total project cost summaries and technical assumptions (NYSDOT Analysis – Shell iii).
This project has an 18% DBE sub-consultant goal.
Please return five copies of your proposal to: Thomas C. Hack, P.E., Project Manager, City of Rochester, City Hall, Room 300B, 30 Church Street, Rochester, New York 14614 by 5pm Friday, July 27, 2012.
Schedule for Proposals:
|Consultant Proposals Due:
||July 27, 2012
|Selection Team Reviews
|| July 30 to August 17, 2012
|Scope and Fee negotiations:
||August 20 to Sept 19, 2012
|City Council Approval of Consultant Selection:
||September 19, 2012
|Professional Services Agreement Execution:
||September 19, 2012 to Sept 29, 2012
|Notice to Proceed:
||October 1, 2012
Project document (click to download):
- Transmittal Letter (1 pg)
- Work Proposal (6 pages)
- Gannt Chart for overall Schedule (1 pg)
- Organizational chart depicting team interaction and assignments (1 pg)
- Resumes for Proposed Team (6 pgs)
- Brief description of similar bridge projects (3 pgs)
- Description and Interaction of Project Team (2 pgs)
- Experience with preventative maintenance projects (2 pgs)
- 5 bound copies of entire proposal
Please contact Thomas C. Hack, P.E , Sr Structural Engineer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (585) 428-6852.