Strengthening the Black Family
The City Bureau of Youth Service is offering free 12-week parenting workshops using the Effective Black Parenting Curriculum.
The Effective Black Parenting curriculum is based on an African-American orientation to parenting and teaches a series of child-management skills from within a Black frame of reference to help parents do the best job possible. The program reflects more than a decade of research and field-testing in its creation. It is derived from the writings of African-American parenting scholars. It is one of the only curriculum that is inclusive of African American history and culture is highly encouraged for all Black parents.
Effective Black Parenting training that provides the tools, options and techniques to be an effective parent from an African American perspective.
- Trained Facilitators
- All materials and books
- Free Childcare (upon request)
- Transportation Assistance
- Raffle for free laptops and gift cards for completing the program
See below for 2013 - 2014 Fall and Winter Schedule:
Seminars offered in three 2-hour sessions each month on Thursdays at the Rundel Library, 115 South Avenue downtown, from 5:00 – 7:00 pm:
1. Seminar #1: September 12, 19 and 26; OR
2. Seminar #2: October 3, 10 and 24; OR
3. Seminar #3: November 7, 14, 21
Twelve-week Full Training Program for 3-hours each Monday at School #19, 465 Seward Street, Rochester, NY 14608, from 5:30 – 8:30 pm
- October 21st – January 27th (excludes Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day, Christmas & Martin Luther King Jr. Holidays)
To register, call 585-428-6896.