When the temperature goes up, leave your pet at home!
- Leaving your pet in a hot car for even a short period of time can be very dangerous.
- Even with all the windows cracked, the temperature of a car's interior can quickly rise to deadly levels.
- Pets do not sweat the way we do; they cannot cool their bodies efficiently in hot temperatures.
- When overheated, pets can go into shock, leading to irreversible organ failure and death.
- If you think you will need to leave your pet in a car, even for a few minutes, leave them safely at home instead. They will be happy to see you when you return!
Questions? Call 311 or visit www.rochesteranimalservices.com