City of Rochester
(Tuesday, Nov. 19, 2013) – The City of Rochester’s Department of Recreation and Youth Services is inviting the public to participate in meetings to provide feedback on recreation and youth programming in the city.
Participants may voice their ideas on how the City can improve services and how City recreation staff can best meet the needs of the community. Sessions will be held on the following dates:
6 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 21
• Edgerton Community Center, 41 Backus St.
• Campbell Street Community Center, 524 Campbell St.
6 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 5
• Humboldt Street Recreation Center, 1045 Atlantic Ave.
• Avenue D Community Center, 200 Avenue D
6 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 12
• Thomas P. Ryan Community Center, 530 Webster Ave.
• Roxie Ann Sinkler Recreation Center, 75 Grover St.
• Carter Street Community Center, 500 Carter St.
Topics for discussion include the benefits of recreation programs to neighborhoods, access to programs, opportunities for volunteerism and the effectiveness of current offerings at Community and Recreation Centers. Participants are encouraged to offer ideas for community collaboration and attracting more youth to the facilities. For more information call the Department of Recreation and Youth Services at 428-6755.
News Media: For more information, contact Tony Jordan, Assistant Commissioner of Recreation, at 428-6755.