Committee meetings are held in Council Chambers, City Hall, 30 Church St.
City Council committees generally meet on the Thursday prior to the monthly City Council meeting. The primary function of these committees is to review all proposed legislation and to recommend adoption, consideration, or rejection by the entire Council, either as written or with amendments.
The committees meet one after the other in the following order:
- Finance (Carolee Conklin - chair) - 4:00 p.m.
- Neighborhood & Business Development (Carla Palumbo - chair) - 4:10 p.m.
- Parks & Public Works (Matt Haag - chair) - 4:25 p.m.
- Public Safety, Youth & Recreation (Adam McFadden - chair) - 4:40 p.m.
- Committee of the Whole - 4:45 p.m.
- Art & Culture (Elaine Spaull - chair) - (no items this month)
For more information about the four standing committees please visit the City Council committees' page.