City of Rochester
(Wednesday, June 11, 2014) – The City of Rochester in conjunction with RTS will provide bus service to the popular “Concerts by the Shore” series at Ontario Beach Park this summer. The series continues at 7 p.m., tonight, June 11 with country music favorite Julie Dunlap.
For $1 each way, bus riders can enjoy a ride in air-conditioned RTS buses and also help to ease traffic congestion in Charlotte during the marina construction project. All buses are Americans with Disabilities Act certified.
Free parking for bus customers will be provided by Kodak in Lot 46 of Eastman Business Park on Keehl Street located between Lake Avenue and Maplewood Drive.
Available from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. on concert nights, the buses will drop off and pick up passengers at the corner of Keehl Street and Lake Avenue and next to the Robach Community Center, 180 Beach Ave., in Ontario Beach Park. Please note that only RTS passes or the exact cash fare are accepted.
Now in its 25th year, the popular “Concerts by the Shore” series is presented by the Ontario Beach Park Program Committee and Wegmans with the support of the City of Rochester and Monroe County.
This year’s Concerts by the Shore schedule is:
• June 11 Julie Dunlap (Country)
• June 18 Atlas (Party Band)
• June 25 Allegro (Jazz, 60’s To 90’s & Latin Music)
• July 2 Dady Brothers Old Time Band (Irish)
• July 9 Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra (Begins at 7:30 P.M.)
• July 16 The Coupe Devilles (Party Band)
• July 23 The Skycoasters (Party Band)
• July 30 Greece Choral Society (Vocal/Songs) & Greece Jazz Band (Jazz)
• Aug. 6 The Invictas (Original Rock & Roll)
• Aug. 13 Krazy Firemen (German & Big Band)
• Aug. 20 The Gateswingers (Big Band) &The Hot Flash Dancers
• Aug. 27 Ruby Shooz (50’s Show Band)
News Media: For more information, contact Communications Director Christine Christopher at 428-7135.