City of Rochester
(Friday, Feb. 10, 2017) – Mayor Lovely Warren is inviting business owners in the city of Rochester to attend an information session to learn how to access the City’s loans, grants and services in order to grow or improve their business.
“I personally invite all business owners in the city to learn about the many different tools the City offers to help support the health and growth of local businesses,” said Mayor Warren. “Whatever your business needs are—there is certain to be a City program to help turn your business vision into a reality. I’m grateful to the many entrepreneurs who chose to do business in Rochester. They create jobs and safer more vibrant neighborhoods.”
Department of Neighborhood and Business Development Commissioner (NBD) Bayé Muhammad will be joined by NBD staff to present information on the various types of loans, services and grants available to city business owners. Such programs can assist with the purchase of furniture, fixtures, equipment, real estate, renovations, façade improvements and more.
Information sessions are scheduled as follows:
• 5 to 6 p.m., Thursday, Feb. 16: City Hall, Council Chambers, 30 Church St.
• 5 to 6 p.m., Thursday, March 2: Flint Street R-Center, 271 Flint St.
• 5 to 6 p.m., Thursday, March 16: Frederick Douglass R-Center, 999 South Ave.
• 5 to 6 p.m., Thursday, March 30: Edgerton R-Center, 41 Backus St.
• 5 to 6 p.m., Thursday, April 13: Carter Street R-Center, 500 Carter St.
• 5 to 6 p.m., Thursday, April 27: Port of Rochester, Harbor Center, 1000 N. River St.
Attendees will also learn about the City’s “#ShopTheROC” campaign which aims to bolster local businesses and encourage residents and visitors to patronize stores, restaurants and service providers in Rochester.
City business owners should RSVP by calling (585) 428-6912 or via email at JoEllen.LePore@cityofrochester.gov. More information on resources for city businesses may be found at www.cityofrochester.gov/BusinessResources.
News Media: For more information, contact Press Officer Jessica Alaimo, 428-7135.