The City Bureau of Youth Services' Comprehensive Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention (CAPP) program is a collaboration of community service agencies working together to reduce teen pregnancies and reduce STD/HIV rates among youth within the city of Rochester.
Certified health educators facilitate comprehensive, age appropriate, evidence based and medically accurate sexuality education for youth ages 11-21 to reduce the initial onset of sexual activity and reduce risky sexual behavior among youth. Programming offered at RSCD and community agencies.
The Family Talk series offered through the Hillside Family of Agencies helps parents, grandparents, and other adults communicate with youth about difficult topics such sexual health, healthy relationships, STIs, HIV and substance use. See the Family Talk Flyer
Positive Youth Development Programming
Offering youth a variety of positive youth development opportunities including job readiness workshops, financial literacy education, healthy relationship workshops, youth friendly special events and youth leadership opportunities.
- SOAR Youth Leadership Team: Be part of a team of youth who will work to make real change in Rochester! The SOAR Youth Leadership Team will work to reduce the rates of STIs and HIV/AIDS and unplanned pregnancies among youth in the City of Rochester. As part of the team you will have the opportunity to build leadership skills, help plan teen events, go through trainings, advise adult committees, advocate for youth rights and services and have FUN!
- Benefits of being part of the SOAR Youth Leadership Team are many:
- Leadership skill development
- Service learning/community service opportunities
- Event planning opportunities
- Community advocacy
- Resume builder
- Community Outreach: SOAR staff conducts community outreach to increase youth’s knowledge of available reproductive health services in the City of Rochester such as Highland Family Planning. The collaborative also works to break down barriers youth have to accessing reproductive health services.
Metro Council for Teen Potential Community Council
585 Joseph Avenue
Rochester, NY 14605
Phone: (585) 325-8130
The Hillside Family of Agencies
Society for Protection and Care of Children
148 South Fitzhugh Street
Rochester, NY 14608
YWCA of Rochester and Monroe County
175 North Clinton Avenue
Rochester, NY 14604
Clinical Partner & Teen Friendly Clinic
Highland Family Planning, www.familyplanning.urmc.edu
- Location 1
757 South Clinton Avenue, Rochester, NY 14620
Hours: 12:30 p.m. - 8 p.m., Monday & Wednesday
(RTS Bus Route 51, South Clinton Avenue) or
Youth Sexual Health Resources
City Bureau of Employment Skills Training & Youth Services at 428-6329.