4800 Lake Ave 14613
Use the Rochester-Genesee Regional Transportation Authority's Google Trip Planner to get a bus to the Park
About the Park
Ontario Beach Park is located in the northwest quadrant of the City on the shores of Lake Ontario. This 39-acre park contains one of the Great Lakes' best natural sand beaches.
Whether taking a romantic stroll along the picturesque pier, riding the 1905 Dentzel Menagerie Carousel, boating, or picnicking, Ontario Beach Park provides everything for a perfect summer--or winter--day at the beach.
Ontario Beach Park is managed by Monroe County Parks. See Monroe County's Ontario Beach Park page
Operating Hours, Reservations, and Permits
- Open year-round from 7 a.m. to 11p.m.
- Shelters are available May 15 through October 15 only
Swimming, Boating, and Fishing at the Beach
- Supervised swimming is offered each day from June 1st through Labor Day, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- For water conditions, call (585) 753-5887
- Fishing pier
- Fishing is allowed for anyone over the age of 16 with a valid fishing license
- Public boat launch accessible on River Street.
- For season passes, call (585) 753-7275.
Park Facilities and Attractions
- 6 beach volleyball courts
- Picnic shelters for rent
- Food concession
- Basketball courts
- Performance pavilion
- An antique carousel designated as a Rochester Historic Landmark offers rides from Memorial Day to Columbus Day
- Softball fields are available on a first come, first serve basis if the field is not in league use
- Parking is available steps from the beach
The Port of Rochester offers restaurants, boat rides, and facilities that are available to rent for your next occasion. Turning Point Park and Trail, a nationally acclaimed public works project, is also a short distance away.