Visiting Riverside Cemetery
Riverside's grounds are open to the public and visitors are welcome every day of the year from 7:30 a.m. Closing time changes seasonally. Please check the web site or call (585) 428-7775 to inquire about current closing times.
Children under the age of 15 years are not permitted unless accompanied by a responsible adult. Please do not feed the wildlife in the cemetery, climb on or disturb any monuments, trees, shrubs, or plantings, or pick flowers or foliage.
Commercial Photography or Filmmaking
Feel free to photograph our landscape, plants and wildlife for your own personal enjoyment. Photographing funerals is not permitted. A special permit must be obtained in advance for all filmmaking, commercial photography and photography with special equipment or posed subjects. A permit application must be submitted at least six weeks in advance.
We ask that all visitors:
- Drive their motor vehicles in the cemetery at a speed of 15 mph or less and park on roadways.
- Ride their bicycles and motor cycles on roadways, only. Off-road vehicles are banned from the cemetery grounds.
- Refrain from recreational activities such as skiing, mountain biking, sledding, skateboarding, rollerblading, ball playing, or fishing or swimming in the pond.
- Leave pets at home. Dogs are specifically not allowed in the cemetery.
- Additional cemetery rules may be found in Chapter 43 of the City's code