Celebrate the Winter at the 33rd annual Lakeside Winter Celebration at Ontario Beach Park, Saturday Feb. 11 and Sunday, Feb. 12, 2017
Celebrate the Winter at the 33rd annual Lakeside Winter Celebration at Ontario Beach Park. This year, the celebration will feature a wide array of activities including the 7th Annual Lake Ontario Wine and Craft Beer Festival on Saturday, February 11 and then continue on Sunday, February 12 with the “Polar Plunge” at noon. Additionally, Charlotte area merchants will be offering specials and discounts all weekend. All events will be held at the Port of Rochester Terminal and Ontario Beach Park.
This event is organized by the all-volunteer Ontario Beach Park Program Committee and sponsored by the City of Rochester, Monroe County, Port of Charlotte Merchants Association, Charlotte Community Association and Wegmans.
This Year's Activities
Saturday, Feb. 11, 1 - 6 p.m.
- Lake Ontario Wine and Craft Beer Festival
- Chilly Chilli Challenge download registration form
- Horse-drawn carriage rides
- Dog Sled demo
- Outdoor children’s games with Rec on the Move
- Ice Sculpture demo
- Snow Sculpture contest: Theme: Cartoon Characters
- Winter Hike: Port Terminal Building, 1 p.m.
- Music by Neil Van Dorn Band
- Inaugural Jalapeno Eating Contest download registration form
Sunday, Feb. 12, 12 - 4 p.m.
- Annual Polar Plunge fundraiser for the Special Olympics, noon. Click here to register.
- Frostbiter’s sailboat racing