View the Aquatics page to find other pools.
Note that the closest public library to this R-Center is the Phillis Wheatley Community Library at 33 Dr. Samuel McCree Way.
85 Adams St. 14608
Hours Of Operation: M-F 2:30 - 9:00 p.m. Sat. 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Summer Hours Of Operation: M-F 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m., Sat. 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Register for an EZ RecPass, which gives you access to it all: top-notch team sports, outstanding arts programs, water skills classes, youth council leadership opportunities and more
- Fun, skill-building friendships in the safe atmosphere of city recreation
- Year-round recreation programming for youth, teens and adults
- Summer Breakfast & Lunch programs
- Kids Cafe Dinner program during the school year
- Youth Council
- Saturday hours
- Collaborative programs with community organizations
- Seasonal special events
- Play apparatus
Pool Features and Programs
- Full size, heated indoor pool open year-round
- Open swim and lessons for youth and adults are offered (see below)
- Lifeguarding Classes For more information, visit the City's American Red Cross Certified Lifeguarding Training Program page or call 428-7456
- Home of the Rochester Rapids Swim Team and the Adams Street Swim Team
Pool Hours (Fall, Winter and Spring)
M – F: 3:30 – 4:45 p.m.
M & F 8 - 9 p.m.
Sat. 1 – 2:30 p.m.
M – F: 5 – 6 p.m.
Sat. 11a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
For the summer schedule, call 428-7888.
Adams Street offers free swimming lessons for youth ages 6-18, and low cost adult swimming lessons during the school year and summer.
For more information about swim lessons at Adams Street R-Center and elsewhere, visit www.cityofrochester.gov/swimlessons, or download a registration form.
Lifeguarding Prep Class
This program allows aspiring lifeguards to build their swimming skills in preparation for lifeguarding classes which begin in March. Classes begin on Tuesday December 2 and run every Tuesday till February 23
Rent the Gym or Pool for Your Next Celebration
Effective January 5, 2015 permits payments must be made with: check, money order or credit card.
Effective July 1, 2015 we will no longer accept cash payment for permits of any kind.