The Rochester Public Library, founded in 1911, consists of one Central Library located in the heart of downtown Rochester, and 10 neighborhood branches located throughout the City. The Central Library campus is made up of two buildings: the historic Rundel Memorial Library Building, and the newer Bausch & Lomb Public Library Building, built in 1997. Both buildings are located at 115 South Avenue, between Broad and Court Streets. The downtown library acts as the Central Library for Rochester and Monroe County.
The 10 Branch Libraries are divided into North and South sections and are overseen by Site Supervisors, who report to one of two Area Coordinators.
Libraries in the North Section include:
Libraries in the South Section include:
The Rochester Public Library is governed by an 11 member Board of Trustees, who are appointed by City Council. The library branches are funded directly by the City of Rochester, while the Central Library is funded by both Monroe County and the City.