41 Backus Street
Hours Of Operation: M-F 2:30 - 9:30 p.m.
Summer Hours Of Operation: M-F 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m., Sat. Closed
Note that the closest public libraries to this R-Center are the Maplewood Branch and the Lyell Branch.
The historic Edgerton R-Center and Park offers an array of recreational and cultural opportunities--and also has fascinating history. Today, as it has for 60 years, the the Center has housed the remarkable Edgerton Model Railroad Room; and the park was the site of the Edgerton Park Arena (now gone), where the 1951 National Basketball Association Champion Rochester Royals clinched the title in a dramatic game seven!
To learn more, explore the Monroe County Library System's local history index; to view past and present photos of Edgerton visit the Library's Rochester Images website.
- Register for an EZ RecPass, which gives you access to it all: top-notch team sports, outstanding arts programs, water skills classes, youth council leadership opportunities and more
- The historic Stardust Ballroom; which can be rented for public use by completing a facility use permit application and hosts activities such as the Stardust Ballroom Dance Series
- The historic, extraordinary Edgerton Model Railroad Room ("Model Railroad Heaven!")
- Weight Room
- Year-round recreation program for youth, teens and adults
- Summer Breakfast & Lunch programs
- Kids Cafe Dinner program during the school year
- Summer Kids Club in collaboration with Maplewood YMCA
- Saturday hours
- Youth Council
- Seasonal special events
- Collaborative programs with community organizations
- Game Room
- Large Group Accommodation
- Water Spray Park
- Outdoor Basketball Court
- Bocce Courts
- Football/Soccer Field
- Tennis Courts
- Walking Trail
- Community use (for organized sports, leagues, etc.) with a facility use permit
Edgerton Model Railroad Room
This remarkable, historic layout was built in 1950 and depicts Rochester in all four seasons. For more information, download a brochure, or visit the Model Railroad Room page
Stardust Ballroom Dance Series
Have a blast from the past at Tuesday night ballroom dances with live big-band and jazz music! Click here for the Ballroom Dance Series page and the 2014-2015 schedule