2011 was the 100th anniversary of the Edgerton Community Center and Park!
41 Backus St. 14608 Map
Center Director: Kevin Holman
Use the Rochester-Genesee Regional Transportation Authority's Google Trip Planner to get a bus to this Center
The historic Edgerton Community Center and Park offers an array of recreational and cultural opportunities--and also has fascinating history. Today, as it has for 60 years, the the Center has housed the remarkable Edgerton Model Railroad Room; and the park was the site of the Edgerton Park Arena (now gone), where the 1951 National Basketball Association Champion Rochester Royals clinched the title in a dramatic game seven!
To learn more about the history of the Center and Park, go to the Monroe County Library System's local history index and scroll down to Edgerton Park; also see past and present photos of Edgerton at the Library's Rochester Images website.
Note that the closest public libraries to this Community Center is the Maplewood Branch and the Lyell Branch.
School Year 2012-2013 Schedule
Download a Fall-Winter-Spring 2012-2013 Guide for all Recreation and Community Centers
Community Center Features
- The historic Stardust Ballroom; which can be rented for public use with a facility use permit and hosts activities such as the Stardust Ballroom Dance Series
- The historic, extraordinary Edgerton Model Railroad Room ("Model Railroad Heaven!")
- Weight Room
- Year-round recreation program for youth, teens and adults
- Summer Breakfast & Lunch programs
- Kids Cafe Dinner program during the school year
- Summer Kids Club in collaboration with Maplewood YMCA
- Saturday hours
- Youth Council
- Seasonal special events
- Collaborative programs with community organizations
- Game Room
- Large Group Accommodation
Edgerton Model Railroad Room
This remarkable, historic layout was built in 1950 and depicts Rochester in all four seasons. See the Model Railroad Room page
Stardust Ballroom Dance Series
Have a blast from the past at Tuesday night ballroom dances with live big-band and jazz music! Click here for the Ballroom Dance Series page and the 2012-2013 schedule
Interested in this and other Community and Recreation Centers? Register for an EZ RecPass ID, which gives you access to it all: top-notch team sports, outstanding arts programs, water skills classes, youth council leadership opportunities and more!