41 Backus St. 14608
Hours Of Operation: M-F 2:30 - 9:30 p.m.
Note that the closest public libraries to this R-Center are the Maplewood Branch and the Lyell Branch.
The historic Edgerton R-Center and Park offers an array of recreational and cultural opportunities--and also has fascinating history. Today, as it has for 60 years, the the Center has housed the remarkable Edgerton Model Railroad Room; and the park was the site of the Edgerton Park Arena (now gone), where the 1951 National Basketball Association Champion Rochester Royals clinched the title in a dramatic game seven!
To learn more, explore the Monroe County Library System's local history index; to view past and present photos of Edgerton visit the Library's Rochester Images website.
- Register for an EZ RecPass, which gives you access to it all: top-notch team sports, outstanding arts programs, water skills classes, youth council leadership opportunities and more
- The historic Stardust Ballroom; which can be rented for public use by completing a facility use permit application and hosts activities such as the Stardust Ballroom Dance Series
- The historic, extraordinary Edgerton Model Railroad Room ("Model Railroad Heaven!")
- Weight Room
- Year-round recreation program for youth, teens and adults
- Summer Breakfast & Lunch programs
- Kids Cafe Dinner program during the school year
- Summer Kids Club in collaboration with Maplewood YMCA
- Saturday hours
- Youth Council
- Seasonal special events
- Collaborative programs with community organizations
- Game Room
- Large Group Accommodation
- Water Spray Park
- Outdoor Basketball Court
- Bocce Courts
- Football/Soccer Field
- Tennis Courts
- Walking Trail
- Community use (for organized sports, leagues, etc.) with a facility use permit
Edgerton Model Railroad Room
This remarkable, historic layout was built in 1950 and depicts Rochester in all four seasons. For more information, visit the Model Railroad Room page
Stardust Ballroom Dance Series
Have a blast from the past at Tuesday night ballroom dances with live big-band and jazz music! Click here for the Ballroom Dance Series page and the 2014-2015 schedule