Employment at the Emergency Communications Department / 911 Center offers you:
- On the job training
- Competitive wage and benefits package
- Career Advancement
- New York State Retirement System
- An Equal Opportunity employer
- 13 paid holidays a year and vacation ranging from 10 to 25 days depending on years of service
- $2,000 per year for educational reimbursement on approved courses and degree programs after one year of employment
- Medical Insurance
- Medical and Dental Insurance plans are available to all employees at rates comparable or better than many plans offered by other employers
- Life Insurance
- The City provides a $5,000 life insurance policy.
- The NYS Retirement system also offers a death benefit to all active members
Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications are required to take a Civil Service examination. Candidates who pass will be placed on an eligible list and may be canvassed by mail. In the pre-employment process candidates will undergo a State and national criminal history background investigation which will include a fingerprint check to determine suitability for employment, a medical evaluation, and a drug test. A psychological evaluation will also be administered prior to any formal offer of employment or appointment as an employee at the 911 Center. Those hired are chosen from the candidates who have successfully completed all stages. Candidates remaining on the eligible list may be canvassed at a future date as vacancies occur. We offer continuous recruitment.
We're always looking for good people. If you're interested, please visit the City's employment page to see what opportunities are available.