The City of Rochester employs about 3500 people in several hundred job titles. City employees make a difference in the quality of life for City residents. Our work is interesting and challenging, we enjoy competitive pay, generous benefits and opportunities for advancement.
Are you interested in joining the City of Rochester team?
- Read How to Apply for a Job to learn how to apply online, by mail or in person for an opening or Exam with the City of Rochester.
- Then, view the current City of Rochester job openings and exam announcements by going to Current Job Opportunities. You can review job descriptions and minimum qualifications to find the positions that interest you. You can also apply online at this time if you wish to do so.
- To read about hiring information, from job openings and exams, to continuous recruitment and exam fees, read the City of Rochester’s Hiring Process.
- Employment Forms are especially important if applying by mail or in person. You can find forms such as the Employment/Exam Applications, Fee Statements, Cross-Filer form and Veterans Credits form.
- If you have already registered to use our Online Employment System, you can Update Your Employment Profile, which includes your personal information, education and work history, at any time.
- Information on the Summer of Opportunity program is also available.
General Employment Information
To learn more about any of the topics listed below, click on the appropriate link: