All forms below require Adobe Acrobat Reader to be opened. If you don't already have this free program on your computer, you can download it here.
The fee statement form is used when an application processing fee is required to participate in an Open Competitive Civil Service Examination:
- Please mail this form along with the application and payment, in the form of a Check or Money Order made payable to City Treasurer, to the address listed on the form.
- The application fee will be waived for candidates who certify to the state civil service department, municipal commission or regional commission that they are unemployed and primarily responsible for the support of a household, or are receiving public assistance. An Exam Fee Waiver form can be submitted online by clicking on the link below, or it may be submitted by mail. Directions for obtaining waivers are detailed on the back of the Exam Application Fee Statement.
The Cross-Filer Form is used to notify the City that you are also scheduled to participate in a Civil Service Examination for the State of New York, Monroe County, or some other government agency ON THE SAME DAY that you will be taking an examination with the City of Rochester.
If that is the case, then the City and other agencies must make arrangements to offer all of the examinations at the same site. Your completion of this form will assist us in making these arrangements in a timely basis. Please complete the form and submit to the City according to the instructions.
Veterans Credit Application
New York State law provides that veterans who meet certain requirements are entitled to additional credits (or points) added to their passing civil service exam scores.
If you are a veteran and want to apply for veteran credits (points) you can do so at any time up until the time the eligible list is established. However, processing veteran's credit information can take time and you are urged to submit your application as soon as possible. Veteran's credits can not be granted after the list is established.
Print out the appropriate form, complete and submit it to the City according to the instructions on the form.
Additional information regarding veteran credits can be found on the New York State Department of Civil Service website: http://www.cs.ny.gov/
Candidates who have previously taken and passed either the Typing Performance Test or the Spanish Language Oral Proficiency Test may be eligible to waive these portions of the civil service examination, if these tests are listed as required parts of the exam.
Read the information at the top of the form. If you believe you are eligible for a waiver, complete the appropriate application, and mail or fax it by the exam application deadline, as stated on the examination announcement.
Change of Name/Address Form
If you have applied for a job, applied for an exam, or are currently on a civil service eligible list, you need to keep your name and address current with the City.
You can update your name and/or address in either one of the following two ways:
1. You can print off and submit the Change of Address form. Complete the form as instructed and mail or drop off, along with documents to verify residency if applicable, to: Department of Human Resource Management, 30 Church St, Room 103A, Rochester, NY 14614. See below for details on Residency Verification.
2. You can send an email to HR@cityofrochester.gov with the subject line of “Change of Address.” In the email, be sure to include:
- your name (new and old if applicable)
- old address
- new address
- new phone number
- the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number
- the effective date of change
- attach documents to verify residency, if applicable (See below for details)
If you are moving from a NON-CITY address to a CITY address, you must attach two (2) documents/files showing the new address. The documents that will be accepted are:
Some of these documents can be obtained from the company’s website and saved on your computer to attach to the email. Otherwise, if you have a hard copy and a scanner, you can scan the documents into your computer. If you are unable to get the documents in electronic format, please submit a paper form by following the directions in #1 above.