Celebrate Independence Day with the Rochester Philharmonic and Fireworks in Downtown Rochester!
Each year, Rochester celebrates the July 4th Independence Day holiday in style with a spectacular display of fireworks. Festivities begin on the Main Street Bridge, from South Ave to Exchange.
Fireworks Display begins at 10 p.m.
People gather at 7:30 p.m. on the Main St. Bridge as the evening kicks off with a jazz performance on the Main St. Bridge by the acclaimed Jimmie Highsmith Jr. Band. The RPO, featuring Conductor Ward Stare, will follow with a performance of patriotic favorites from 9-10:15 p.m., on the Main Street Bridge featuring a spectacular fireworks display over Downtown at 10 p.m.!
Best Fireworks Viewing Spots
- Main Street Bridge
- Broad Street Bridge
- Chestnut Street near the Washington Square Garage
- Streets surrounding these areas
Park for free!
- South Avenue Garage, 39 Stone Street
- Court Street Garage, 194 Court Street
- Sister Cities Garage, 28 N. Fitzhugh Street
- Washington Square Garage, 111 Woodbury Blvd.
- Main Street, from St. Paul St. to State St. will be closed from 6 a.m. on July 4 until 2 a.m. on July 5.
- The Sister Cities Bridge will close to pedestrians, 6 - 11 p.m.;
- Eastern side of the Genesee Riverway Trail from the Time Warner Cable building to South Ave. will close 1-10:30 p.m.;
- No stopping will be allowed on Route 490 or the Inner Loop.