Celebrate Independence Day in Downtown Rochester!
Each year, Rochester celebrates the July 4th Independence Day holiday in style with a spectacular display of fireworks. Festivities begin on the Main Street Bridge, from South Ave to Exchange. People gather around 7 p.m. to hear the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra before the fireworks display lights up the skies at 10 p.m.
Best Fireworks Viewing Spots
Main Street Bridge
- Broad Street Bridge
- Chestnut Street near the Washington Square Garage
- Streets surrounding these areas
- Party in the Park, Riverside Festival Site, corner of Court Street and Exchange Blvd
Park for free!
- South Avenue Garage, 39 Stone Street
- Court Street Garage, 194 Court Street
- Sister Cities Garage, 28 N. Fitzhugh Street
- Main Street, from St. Paul St. to State St. will be closed from 6 a.m. on Wed., July 4 until 2 a.m. on Thurs., July 5.
- On Wed. (7/4) the Sister Cities Bridge will close to pedestrians, 6 - 11 p.m.;
- Woodbury Blvd., from St. Mary's Place to South Ave., will close to pedestrians and vehicles from 9-10:45 p.m.;
- South Ave., from Broad St. to Griffith St., will close 9:45-10:45 p.m.;
- No stopping will be allowed on Route 490