Celebrate Independence Day in the city!
Each year Rochester celebrates the July 4th Independence Day holiday in style with a spectacular display of fireworks set to the music of the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra. Attendees are encouraged to bring chairs or blankets for more comfortable viewing of the fireworks show and concert and asked to refrain from bringing pets for everyone's safety. Food and beverage are available for purchase.
The Schedule of events for 2013 is being developed now. See last year's schedule to get a sense of the fun.
Schedule of Events
Head to Main Street, from South Ave to Exchange, to see:
7:30 p.m.- Steve Grills & The Roadmasters
9 p.m.- The Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra featuring Michael Butterman, Conductor
10 p.m.- Fireworks!
Best Fireworks Viewing Spots
Main Street Bridge
- Broad Street Bridge
- Chestnut Street near the Washington Square Garage
- Streets surrounding these areas
Park for free!
- South Avenue Garage, 39 Stone Street
- Court Street Garage, 194 Court Street
- Sister Cities Garage, 28 N. Fitzhugh Street
- Main Street, from St. Paul St. to State St. will be closed from 6 a.m. on Wed., July 4 until 2 a.m. on Thurs., July 5.
- On Wed. (7/4) the Sister Cities Bridge will close to pedestrians, 6 - 11 p.m.;
- Woodbury Blvd., from St. Mary's Place to South Ave., will close to pedestrians and vehicles from 9-10:45 p.m.;
- South Ave., from Broad St. to Griffith St., will close 9:45-10:45 p.m.;
- No stopping will be allowed on Route 490
link to RFP