Celebrate the Winter at the 32nd annual Lakeside Winter Celebration at Ontario Beach Park, Saturday Feb. 13 and Sunday, Feb. 14 2016
Celebrate the Winter at the 32nd annual Lakeside Winter Celebration at Ontario Beach Park. This year, the celebration will feature a wide array of activities including the 6th Annual Lake Ontario Wine and Craft Beer Festival on Saturday, February 13 and then continue on Sunday, February 14 with the “Polar Plunge” at noon. Additionally, Charlotte area merchants will be offering specials and discounts all weekend. All events will be held at the Port of Rochester Terminal and Ontario Beach Park.
This event is organized by the all-volunteer Ontario Beach Park Program Committee and sponsored by the City of Rochester, Monroe County, Port of Charlotte Merchants Association, Charlotte Community Association, Freetime Magazine and Wegmans.
This Year's Activities
Saturday, Feb. 13, 1 - 6 p.m.
- Lake Ontario Wine and Craft Beer Festival
- Chilly Chili Challenge
- Ultimate Frisbee Challenge
- Horse-drawn carriage rides
- Dog sled demo
- Outdoor children’s games with Rec on the Move
- Ice sculpture demo
- Snow sculpture contest
- Winter hike: Port Terminal Building, 1 p.m.
- Fireworks, 6 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 14, 12 - 4 p.m.
- Annual Polar Plunge fundraiser for the Special Olympics, noon. Click here to register.
- Frostbiter’s sailboat racing