Celebrate the Winter at the 31st annual Lakeside Winter Celebration at Ontario Beach Park, Saturday Feb. 7 and Sunday, Feb. 8 2015
Celebrate the Winter at the 31st annual Lakeside Winter Celebration at Ontario Beach Park. This year, the celebration will feature a wide array of activities including the 5th Annual Lake Ontario Wine and Craft Beer Festival on Saturday, February 7 and then continue on Sunday, February 8 with the “Polar Plunge” at noon. Additionally, Charlotte area merchants will be offering specials and discounts all weekend. All events will be held at the Port of Rochester Terminal and Ontario Beach Park.
This event is organized by the all-volunteer Ontario Beach Park Program Committee and sponsored by the City of Rochester, Monroe County, Harbortown Merchants Association , City Newspaper and Wegmans.
This Year's Activities
Saturday, Feb. 7, 1 - 6 p.m.
- Lake Ontario Wine and Craft Beer Festival
- Chilly Chili Challenge
- Ultimate Frisbee Challenge
- Horse-drawn carriage rides
- Dog sled demo
- Outdoor children’s games with Rec on the Move
- Ice sculpture demo
- Snow sculpture contest
- Winter hike: Port Terminal Building, 1 p.m.
- Fireworks over the river, 6 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 8, 12 - 4 p.m.
- Annual Polar Plunge fundraiser for the Special Olympics, noon. Click here to register.
- Frostbiter’s sailboat racing