If you have been thinking about adopting a cat or a kitten, now is the perfect time. There are so many benefits to owning a cat or kitten (or them ‘owning’ you) including the following:
- Health. Cats help lower your blood pressure and reduce your risk of heart disease.
- You can go to work and not worry. Cats are super-independent.
- Cats do not need special training to be housetrained – using the litter box comes naturally.
- Cats frolic. Cats clown around. Cats are, in other words, as entertaining as it gets.
- A perfect pet for apartments and smaller homes, cats don’t need a lot of room.
- Taking care of a cat can help teach a child about responsible pet ownership.
- Cats get plenty of exercise living indoors. Fifteen minutes of playtime each day will do.
If you are unable to have a cat in your life at this time, there are still plenty of ways to help the cats and kittens we serve. By donating, volunteering and/or becoming a foster parent, you help to sustain our very important programs.
Visit these adorable companions and other homeless pets at the Animal Services Center:
184 Verona Street, Rochester, New York 14608 (view a map)
Monday - Saturday:11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
(Wednesdays open until 7:30 p.m.)
For more information, contact our office at (585) 428-7274 or email us.
If a video has been removed from this page, the featured cat has been adopted or transferred to another animal welfare organization.
Click below to view our adoptable...
Dogs | Other Pets
The official pet food
of Rochester Animal