Traffic Control Board

Regulating Traffic Control Devices

The Traffic Control Board regulates matters relating to traffic within the City of Rochester like stop signs, traffic signals, turn restrictions, on-street parking regulations, one-way signs, adult school crossing guard locations, weight limit restrictions, speed limits, and detour signs.

For urgent issues or to report a problem

Monroe County Department of Transportation maintains traffic signals and traffic signs on all city streets. For problems relating to traffic signals or signs, call MCDOT at (585) 753-7700.

Inquiries, concerns, or requests

Individuals with inquiries, concerns, or requests about traffic control devices or parking regulations should call the City's Transportation Specialist at (585) 428-6695, Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. They will address your issue and work with you on the appropriate process for getting changes made. In some cases, a petition may be required.